Tuesday, April 21, 2009

She's a'growin'!

Adalynn and I just got back from the doctor (and Mom was with me)... and she has grown so much! She is right on track where she needs to be. I will be 25 weeks tomorrow! Wow...has this pregnancy gone FAST! (Of course it helps when you find out at 16 weeks :))

The most wonderful news the doctor gave us was that if something would happen right now, the baby would be okay... that is, if we would happen to deliver early, Adalynn would be just fine! What a blessing! But the pregnancy is going really, really well. Thank you for all the prayers. Truly they are working! The doctor even said that she's almost treating me like a regular pregnancy now! Isn't it fun to overcome the "odds"? (Thank you God for this miracle)

Also, the sugar junk test went just fine! It really HAS gotten better over the last 10 years (you were right Shannon and Michelle!) and it was like I was drinking an Orange Crush (although very, very concentrated). I only gagged once while drinking it! I still do feel like I have a sock on my tongue (coating of sugar). But I drowned it out with a wonderful lunch at Crumpet! Thanks Mom! Also, my good friend, Beth, advised me to indulge in some Bunny Tracks ice cream (Heaven on earth--truly) and have a scoop each night to prep me for the sugar overload. It worked! And I assure you, Tom is thrilled to suffer through the extra helpings of Bunny Tracks alongside me!

Thank you for all the prayers and comments. I feel like this is a journey that we truly could not make without all of you... really. Thank you for everything. We are eternally grateful! (Philippians 1:3 - I thank my God every time I remember you.)

Here is a picture, that came in my email, of how big Adalynn is! Truly amazing that our little girl--our Noble Miracle--is this far along!




Next appt.: May 6th
Next ultrasound (Level 2): May 19th
MRI: second week of June

1 comment: