Friday, April 17, 2009

Sweet Moment

There was a very sweet moment last night as we were preparing for bedtime...

Ty looked up at me with his big, brown eyes and his forehead wrinkled--he had a look of genuine concern. He asked, "What if Adalynn is not a Christian when she's born? How do we help her come to know Him? Does baptism help with that when babies are born?"

What a great picture of a heart of a child with genuine concern for another's well-being...for another's salvation! I love the pure and sincere thoughts, and I love seeing Him through the eyes of a child. Isn't that how God called us to be? Like a child?

(Jesus was asked by his disciples) "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" He (Jesus) called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me." Matthew 18:1-5

Ty, Tom and I talked for awhile about his questions and took on the challenge of knowing that Adalynn is being placed in our care--we (our whole family) are to help lead her to Him. We are to "welcome this little child." We are to love her as the Lord would want us to, and encourage her to follow Him for the rest of her life.

...And I silently thanked God for Ty who loves his sister so much already that he's concerned for her "entering the kingdom of heaven." What an awesome picture of his faith!

(Thank you Lord for helping me see You through the eyes of my child! I pray for Adalynn and her growth in and out of the womb--physically and spiritually. I pray for her to know You with all of her heart! And I pray for her relationship with her brothers. That they mentor, love, cherish and protect her with Your guidance. This family is such a blessing...thank You!)

3 comments:

  1. This made me tear up a little. Ty says the funniest/amazing/imaginative things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That prayer is beautiful. You even got this old girl tearing up, you stinker.

    ReplyDelete