Tuesday, April 7, 2009

She's still tracking!

Just got back from the doctor for another check up and follow up to the ultrasound we had last week. Adalynn is just doing WONDERFUL! The magic words we like to hear is "she's tracking for that August 5th due date"... that means she hasn't slowed in her growth--that she's healthy as a horse. We love when they say that! Again, there was an expectation that she would eventually slow down in her growth rate because of the not-so-optimal environment within the uterus. That is why they continue to see us every two weeks and have frequent ultrasounds.

Her heart rate is at 140 (which is very good) and she measured my belly which, again, is "tracking for the August 5th due date." Even the doctor said that she is just amazed at how things are progressing. She is one healthy (and God-fed) baby girl! PRAISE!!! No doubt God has "hemmed her in"! YEAH!!

I head back to the doctor in two weeks. I do have a prayer request... this is the glucose testing appointment where they make you drink NASTY sugar juice/water. I have always struggled with this testing. Each time I have to drink the juice, I just gag the entire time on the verge of throwing up. I don't eat or drink very much sugar. And when I do, I feel like it's just coating my tongue. And this drink feels like straight sugar in sugar syrup and topped with sugar! I just have a hard time mentally and physically with this test! My doctor assured my that it is "much better" than when I took it 10 years ago. I'm counting on that! I do selfishly ask for prayer for my stomach during that time--crazy, I know, but it is just SO uncomfortable!

Thank you to all for praying for Adalynn (our Noble Miracle). OBVIOUSLY the prayers are being answered--she is just thriving! And she continues to "mystify" the doctors...what a complete miracle (Mirakel) and blessing! I absolutely love being a part of this story unfolding... (thank you, God)

Next appt.: April 21st - glucose testing and checkup
Next Level 2 ultrasound: May 19th
MRI appt.: second week in June (approx.)

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing while reading this. I'm not laughing at your pain but because I feel your pain. That test is my biggest fear in pregnancy. I hate it more than anything. I also gag the entire time. I seriously had to drink it in 2.2 seconds with Zachary. That was the only way I could do it. I will be praying for you and let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete