Thursday, March 5, 2009

A little background information

To begin this journey, I need to get caught up...

About one year ago, I had a procedure called "hydrothermal endometrial ablation" as a result of excessive menstrual bleeding. It was the perfect procedure to have done because of another condition I have called "Protein S Deficiency" (which causes my blood to clot too much). The ablation was a great way to cure the bleeding without having to do surgery. And it worked! And it was wonderful!

I didn't have a problem at all until I noticed that I had some hardness in my stomach area. My mind went to scar tissue, hernia, colon problems, even cancer...but NEVER did I think (or really think) that I could be pregnant! After all, my doctor told me that with the ablation, it took out all my endometrial lining which wouldn't allow for an embryo to implant itself into the uterine wall...unless the lining grew back.

Well, after a long cheer judging weekend with my good friend, Cindra, and telling her about my weird "hardness", she made me promise that I would call the doctor. So when I returned to NWA, I got an appt. for Wednesday, 2/18.

No comments:

Post a Comment