Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Would you like a glass of tea?

You know when something changes in your life that causes EVERYTHING to shift... it causes you to sit back and evaluate... to slow down... to Be Still and Know...?

It seems like everything has bigger and deeper meaning since we heard about Adalynn. I guess I've had slam-on-your-brakes-whoa-nelly moments... It's like you are seeing things for the very first time. Things take on a new perspective when your eyes actually rise above the dashboard and look out onto the horizon. It's like you take your foot off the accelerator and start to coast ... noticing the world around you ... very cool place to be.

I also finished reading Same Kind of Different As Me a couple of weeks ago--which I highly recommend. Wow, did that bring some great perspective! It made me realize that God truly has purpose in and through everything He puts in our lives. That it's about our response to Him and His call that can cause His Kingdom to thrive. It's about widening our horizons and thinking outside of our comfortable, manmade and tiny "box." It's about making lemonade when life gives you lemons. It's feeling a genuine peace that God has you right where He wants you to be--and you have the wisdom to know the difference.

Another great "perspective" came across my path in form of a heartfelt card that my parents gave to me for my birthday with this great saying:

"Some people view their water glass as half empty,
Some people view the same glass as half full...
And some people take the glass, add a tea bag, crushed ice, sugar, lemon, a sprig of mint
and say, 'Here, would you like a glass of tea?'"

Along with that it had this comment and verse:
...I pray the blessings you've given are multiplied back to you in lots of fun and surprising ways. (I would say that Adalynn is definitely fun and surprising. Thank you God!)

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
(Luke 6:38)

I guess my desire is to be a be-still-and-know-eyes-above-the-dashboard-same-kind-of-different-here-would-you-like-a-glass-of-tea person. And I pray with all my heart that my family, friends and sweet Adalynn can say that about me some day... because I know that He has given me lots of "good measure." And it's time to make some sweet tea!

Thank you again for continuing to pray for our baby girl! Our next appointment is on Tuesday, March 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment