Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Adalynn Update!

Tom, Adalynn and I just got back from our Level 2 utrasound--with UAMS Little Rock looking in... Adalynn is REALLY growing! She is now 1 lb. 1 oz. and still tracking for the August 5th due date! I think the reason that we are seeing the doctor so much, and that they are doing quite a few ultrasounds, is to track the baby's size and ensure that her growth isn't slowing. So far so good! They are very pleased with how she is doing. Thank you for all the prayers that you lift up for her and myself! They are working! God is COMPLETELY hand feeding baby Adalynn! We are grateful!

Here are a couple of ultrasound pics:

Here is her profile. Tom figured that her head has a six inch circumference... that's like taking a dollar bill and putting it in a circle. Wow! She's getting big!

















This picture is Adalynn's "upside down catcher's stance"--as Tom calls it. Her foot is in the top right, her knee is in the middle left and her booty is the bottom right. Looks like the pitcher is going to pitch "low and inside"!

















Tom, myself, Adalynn and family are VERY GRATEFUL for all the prayer support and constant encouragement from all of you! Thank you for your intentionality! And thank you for being our WARRIORS in and through this journey! We know Who gets the glory in the end!

Next appointment: April 7th
Next Level 2 ultrasound: May 19th
MRI: @32 weeks (not sure on date--probably middle of June)

3 comments:

  1. This just amazes me that I get to see her right now! Oh praise, praise that she's so on track, Karen. I mean, how miraculous is this? I am just sitting here shaking my head that He's done this and how cool that He's done this through you.

    I'm doing the Deeper Still Bible study with Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer and Kay Arthur. We just finished our first week. One question we had was, 'List two people you know who seem to do a good job trusting God to control things.' You were one of my two and the reason why was what I called your seasoned faith. Your alter with many stones upon it.

    Thanks for sharing this faith journey. It encourages me and strengthens me.

    To pieces...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! I can already tell that she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing so precious as a new little life growing inside you but more precious still is the fact that she will be born into a home that loves her so much and loves the Lord abundantly! I can't say it enough.....GOD IS FAITHFULL AND HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER!!!!!
    much love and many prayers,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete