Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Adalynn - the Overachiever!

Adalynn, her daddy and I went to have another Level 2 utrasound this morning... and we found out that she is ahead of schedule! Way to go Adalynn! Way to be the overachiever! The due date has been moved up to July 28th! So I guess I'm 30 weeks now instead of 29! I can't believe how she is growing! What an amazing blessing... again, I just picture God hand-feeding her.

When we began this whole journey, we didn't have any "marker" or an indication of when Adalynn would be due. They usually determine the due date based on the last time there was a menstrual cycle...but since I haven't had one since January 2008, they had no clue! The doctors have just based the due date on all the ultrasounds we've had. So all along we have waited for the wonderful statement, "She's still tracking for that Aug. 5th date!" Well, now we have some new magic words! I'm truly in awe of how well she is doing and how much she is growing...

The doctor said she is approximately 3 lbs. and 4 oz. (this is +/- 6 oz.). Funny story... when Tom called his mom to update her on the appointment, she mentioned that Jim (Bumpa) was out fishing. I overheard Tom say to her that "Bumpa will have catch one mighty big crappie to outweigh Adalynn!" We are just so grateful that all continues to go so well... that she is growing so rapidly... that there are no concerns... that each day our Mirakel "beats all the odds."

We haven't seen our baby girl in awhile, so it was SO fun seeing her wiggle around in there. (Adalynn, we can't wait to see you face-to-face! I bet you will never sleep in your own crib...there are too many people that want to hold and hug you! It's amazing how we've only known about you for a short time, but we already love you with all of our hearts!)

Thank you to all of you for your continued prayers... we know that Adalynn is overachieving because she's in the Lord's care AND because of your intercession. We are EXTREMELY grateful and certainly humbled! (Philippians 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you.)

Next appt.: tomorrow, May 20th - regular doctor appt.
MRI and Level 2 ultrasound: June 11th (in Little Rock)


Here is a great picture of Adalynn's leg and her foot on the top left... there is a tear in the paper right by her face (I'm sure she was smiling at us!), but you can see how flexible she is! I told Tom that she was working on her toe touches, and he said, "Absolutely not! She's stretching her hamstrings for those 3 pointers she's going to be shooting!" Poor girl... she's already has such high hopes set for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment