Saturday, May 30, 2009

Relishing in the Moments

Well, it's day 10 of our incubation period... As one of the doctors said, "This is the part of the marathon where they are handing out the first round of water to the runners..." Great description. This is definitely a long-distance race of sorts--at least that is what we hope! You know, I've never been known for my endurance...I was more of a sprinter. :) It makes me think of this--I do desire "run to win and with purpose"!:

Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. (I Cor. 9:24-26a NLT)

It was a wonderful day--got to hang with my family until they left for Ty's baseball tournament in Maumelle... Tom and I even got to venture out this morning! I was able to get outside (via wheelchair) for the first time since we arrived! Wow, was it great to breathe in the fresh air and sit in the sunshine for a little bit! They have limited our time out of the room to one hour, and I have to get permission before I go. I think as I progress more in weeks, I'll get to get out more and more. Mom, Dad and the boys met us and we sat there just visiting and enjoying the absolutely beautiful day. We had a nice view of War Memorial Stadium... I just marveled that it was about 20 years ago that I was in there cheering for the Hogs. Wow, there's been a lot that has happened since those days. Has it really been 20 years?

Here's a picture of when we were outside today... I sent this via email to several people saying that this is the real reason we are in Little Rock--it's not really about me. HA!


Reflecting on today... I realize that:
...this really is some kind of marathon in which God is building our endurance and I can't wait for the victory celebration when we cross that tape!
...there is something about being outdoors and filling lungs with God's fresh air
...Pandora.com has been a great source of relaxation
...it absolutely kills me to miss any of the boys' games
...I cry everytime the boys leave me
...absence DOES make the heart grow fonder, but I don't recommend it, and
...I think I appreciate my family more and more each day!

4 comments:

  1. When you talked about filling your lungs with God's fresh air I started thinking of a song, which made me think of this Psalm:

    Ps 150:1-6
    1 Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
    2 Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.
    3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre,
    4 praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute,
    5 praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.
    6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
    (NIV)

    You truly have been praising the Lord with every breath you take. :) You are an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too kind Terri... thank you for your encouragement! I do pray that He is glorified in and through this... really.

    Appreciate you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you got a chance to enjoy this beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you "chickadee"! I've been trying to figure out how to contact you since you began commenting... thank you always for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete