Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Your Prince Has Already Come...

This is another post for Adalynn...introducing her to her daddy!



This past weekend, we had a wonderful "shower" given to us (actually to your daddy) by Dane's Redhawk baseball team. We had such a great time of fellowship and wonderful food! The Redhawks have been together four years now, and this is the first time that we have gathered like this--just the adults! It was really neat to share in our special time of anticipation of our first baby girl with this great group of people--that we consider family!

Your dad got to open up all the presents (and he was a very good sport)... And he got lots of goodies for you--too many to name--but they were all "daddy oriented." One of the gifts we got was a pink wooden frame with the words, "My prince did come...his name is Daddy." I don't think you could describe your dad any better... he is a true noble and valiant Prince, ready for your arrival!

Your dad grew up in Wisconsin on a dairy farm that was his grandfather's and then his father's (your Bumpa). Daddy will tell you LOTS of tales of his farming days and having to milk twice a day which was especially hard during the long winters! But he has wonderful memories of his family and all their adventures... I don't know if I know of a more close-knit family than your dad's. I truly believe there is something about working side-by-side enduring all the ups and downs of farm-life. There is a certain closeness that is just admirable.

Your dad, your grandma and bumpa moved to Arkansas in 1982 (your dad was 12 years old) because your grandmother was suffering (and still does) from rheumatoid arthritis. The only way for her to get physically better was to move to a drier climate! It is amazing to hear the stories of how she suffered in the cold, damp weather and to see her now! This move was the perfect remedy for this physical illness, but you can imagine how emotional it was moving from all of their family (which a lot are still in Wisconsin and Michigan today!).

I will say that I'm thrilled that they moved south... because I came to Arkansas just three years later and met your dad in high school at the age of 15! I truly believe that God was leading us to Arkansas because he wanted us to live happily-ever-after! (He is most definitely a Prince, but I'll share him with you :))

To describe your daddy... he is godly, loyal, strong (in more ways than one), faithful, patient, hard-working, extremely humble, a servant-leader, has a very dry sense of humor, loves loves loves his boys and now loves loves loves YOU! In fact, I think your daddy has an overwhelming love for kids in general--I think that is a genetic trait! Your dad coaches boys basketball and is passionate about the game and those players. He truly feels that this is what God called him to do. I have a feeling that you will be a gym rat and will follow him around everywhere--which I can guarantee he will LOVE!

Your daddy keeps calling you "his little girl" (we kinda fight over that one!) and loves to rub my belly to check on you and prays for your development every day. He really is excited about our Mirakel (miracle) coming into our lives...
...and I can't think of a more perfect Prince for you.


The picture above is from one of our yearly trips to the Packer game in Green Bay. We have such a good time there with family...I think this year we'll take you with us!


This is a picture of your daddy and brothers feeding the fish at Roaring River State Park. I bet it won't be long and you'll be fishing right alongside all of them! I think there are even pink fishing poles!


This is a very special picture to me... this is when your daddy baptized Ty in Beaver Lake. It was such a wonderful celebration with our Community Group there and family. I was SO proud of both of them!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pic of Tom at the top and REALLY sweet pic of him and Ty at the bottom

    ReplyDelete