Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rainy Sunday

Well, it's been raining all day here in LR, but it's cozy inside. I still have the hospital window covered up by flowers, so it looks beautiful to me!

It's still (thankfully) pretty uneventful here. I do get to talk to the doctors periodically who check in to see that Adalynn and I are hanging in there. Tom has headed back to NWA to catch the last of the boys' games and then he will bring them down here. So it's quiet here, just sitting here listening to the "boot" thing around my legs contract to keep the blood clots away. I'm still very thankful for this peace--because in that I know that Adalynn is much better off. I do look forward to seeing my boys...truly explaining everything to them. I think they still are assuming that I'll be back home any day. It will be good for them to see the hospital, spend some time as a family and talk through everything that has happened and will happen. Oh, I miss them...

We did have some visits yesterday from Coach Cook and his wife Nancy as well as Coach Williams and his wife Darlene. Coach Cook brought a hand signed Get Well card from the Heritage Boys Basketball team. What an honor! It was so fun catching up with the Cooks and the Williams... and how nice that they took time out of their holiday weekend to check in on us! Very thoughtful...and great to see them.

Below is a picture of the wraps they put around my legs to chase away any blood clots. It's just a constant massage machine! I'm telling you... they are trying to keep me strapped in! I guess they know me too well. :)


I'll end with this... my sister-in-law, Cindy, texted me this verse yesterday morning to encourage me...and I'm so thankful. No wonder I feel so much peace and comfort... He was not only talking about (and to) Adalynn...he is talking to ME! ...and He promises me that he will gather my children too! Thank you, Cindy, for pointing me to this perfect passage... Not only is it a great reminder of his complete protection, it brought to mind one of my all-time favorite songs that is sung by Kelly Jones Parks. Wish I had that to listen to right now!

"But now, this is what the LORD says... "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior ... Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west." (Isa. 43:1-5)

Love you all. Thanks for letting me rattle on...

3 comments:

  1. i'm south of little rock, just south of pine bluff and it is so so rainy! looks like they are taking good care of you. i'm glad that your baby is hanging on and staying put for now. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they've really got you strapped down in there! Hope you are enjoying the time with your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Karen! You are such a precious woman! Thanks for posting the scripture too! That encouraged me and I could just hear Kelly Parks singing it too. Pat that sweet Adalynn for me!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete