Friday, May 1, 2009

The Big D

Another post introducing Adalynn to her older brothers...

Let me tell you about Dane, your second oldest brother... Dane got his name because of the heritage of the Olsen family... Your daddy grew up in Denmark, Wisconsin and his great, great grandfather (I believe) migrated to the US from Denmark the country. Denmark--Danish...so "Dane" it was! Perfect! And his middle name is Russell, named after your daddy's maternal grandfather. As you can see, your dad has great pride in his family and heritage!

Dane, Big D, DaneO, Great Dane is one special kiddo, if I do say so myself! He has a passion from within about so many things in life--it's hard to explain. There is something about his demeanor and eyes that just light up in the "heat of the battle." He is QUITE the competitor at all he does. His passion right now is for sports--ALL sports. He absolutely loves what ever is in season, and kinda gets stressed out when you ask him what sport is his favorite! He is also an extremely hard worker at school and other activities... now, if we could get him to work that hard at home!

I hope, Adalynn, that you have dimples like Dane... your daddy and I just LOVE trying to make Dane smile and laugh (since he was a baby!) just so we can see those dimples! Oh, and his belly laughter and giggles/chuckles are AWESOME! You can't help but laugh with Dane when he gets going... And under his big frame and tough exterior, he has a super tender heart. He, too, can't wait to see you and he prays for you every night before he goes to bed. See how much we all love you already!

I wonder what nicknames you'll have... Ada Baby, Ada Girl, Addy?... hmmmm

Here are some baseball pictures of Dane...you can see the love for sports started quite young! I have a feeling that you will be a sports nut too--unless you can overcome your genetics!

1 comment:

  1. This one made me cry! I still think you should consider letting us adopt him so that he and Isaac can continue on in the same school :) I don't understand why you have issues with that idea

    ReplyDelete