Tuesday, May 26, 2009

An Emotional Day...

Today was certainly uneventful in the medical realm... I did have an entourage of doctors (remember that I'm at UAMS where resident doctors are everywhere) first thing this morning informing me that the MRI results showed "nothing"... That is great news! Basically, they were doing the MRI to determine delivery options and status of the placenta growth into the uterus. It wasn't but a week ago that my doctor in NWA informed me that she didn't think they would find anything in the MRI... the pregnancy had been going so well! She was right! Again, this is just another indication that this is a miracle pregnancy. There is no reason why I shouldn't be having difficulties, bleeding, etc. because I don't have any endometrial lining. The tests SHOULD have shown some growth into the uterine wall... unreal. I'm amazed, awed at what is going on, and certainly humbled that God would choose US to be a vehicle for this miracle! [What in the world has He got planned for this Adalynn Mirakel? hmmmm]

The hard part of today was watching all my four Olsen boys walk out the hospital room door and head back to NWA. Seriously, I felt like someone was ripping my heart out! Maybe it was because I had such an emotional "high" yesterday with all the visitors and overwhelming love and support, that today felt so hard... I think it was at that moment that I realized that I truly have put my identity in being Tom's wife and the boys' mom, that it's almost like I'm grieving when those roles are taken away temporarily. I know I'm still in those roles, but I can't DO anything about it! Remember, I think God's working on my Mary heart...

But I filled the day with "connecting" at work, catching up on emails, and just learning how to enjoy the quiet. I choose to be content in being Adalynn's incubator... that is my most important job right now!!

My good friend emailed this verse to me at JUST THE PERFECT TIME today. I'm so grateful that she listened to that still, small voice to encourage me with His Truth! (Thank you Jen! you truly did "lift my head" with this!):
"But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift my head." Psalm 3:3

Thank you, our support network, for all the concern, calls and encouragement. You, too, "lift our heads." Love to all of you!

4 comments:

  1. Sending you HUGE prayers!!! I was on complete bedrest with both of my pregnancies so I know the boredom and insanity that comes along with it. I am now fighting cervical cancer and have been in and out of the hospital, so I can literally feel your exact same pain when I have to watch my husband and babies leave. And even when I'm home and am unable to get out of bed to play with them. Totally tears your heart into tiny pieces and stomps on it. God is most definitely working in and through your family right now as he protects you and your sweet baby girl. Hope these next few weeks heathily speed along!! I'll keep ya'll in my prayers!

    Danielle May
    Bella Vista, AR
    Fellowship Bible Church member
    http://mamadanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Danielle! Thank you for writing and being so encouraging! I have been following you via all the prayer request emails... Still praying for your health and complete recovery! You have an amazing attitude. Thank you for taking time out to send me such a positive note... you are a jewel. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean I have to drive to Little Rock to get a chocolate bar when I find another hidden message on the Fellowship intranet? We are lifting you up in our prayers and watching how awesome our God is at protecting Adalynn Mirakel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen. I don't know if you will remember me, but we (you, Tom and I) went to RHS together. I am in contact with Michele Howell on facebook, and I saw your name in her friends list. It was so neat to find out that you and Tom had married since I remember you dating in high school. I saw your link to your blog, and I have been "checking in" every so often and praying for you and your amazing little girl. I just wanted you to know that another believer's prayers are being lifted to the Father on yours and Adalynn's behalf. Romans 5:3-4 comes to mind, maybe because the Lord just talked to me about it today :), but I know that He is going to continue to carry you through this. You will have plenty of 'character' and much 'hope'! He is good, all the time...

    Cecilie (Johnson) Dover

    ReplyDelete