Wednesday, May 27, 2009

An Endorsement

I have to pause for a "commercial break"...

I cannot get enough Vitamin Water. I'm not hungry for really anything specific (well, maybe fresh fruit) during this pregnancy, but Vitamin Water seems to be my close friend these days! In fact, I've gotten quite the reputation... seems like when people walk through the hospital room door, there are new flavors in tow! Even the nurses are asking me if I need more ice for my VW!

When pregnant with Crist, I craved oranges and salsa/chips, with Dane it was Paydays and with Ty it was 7 Layer Burritos from Taco Bell (still crave those actually)... well, this time around... Vitamin Water. And it was BEFORE March Basketball Madness with their Vitamin Water craze... you think they will give me an endorsement? :)

This is my collection in the hospital window...


[back to the show]
Today was another day full of nurse visits, vitals checks, a NST (where they hook up the monitor and watch Adalynn's heartbeat and check if I'm contracting--they use lots of acronyms here!) and resident check-ins... in fact, the Resident Doctors here start their rounds about 5:30 to 6am and ask the same questions every day:
"How are you feeling? Are you bleeding? Any contractions? Any questions?"
So I've decided to make a sign and tape it on the door that says,
"Good. No. No. I promise I'll let you know if I have any concerns or questions." You think they will buy that? I mean, the Ambien hasn't worn off by 5:30 in the morning! :)

Other than that... I had wonderful visits with my Aunt and my cousin's wife, Jennifer. My mom came back into town for a couple of days... and my good friend and roommate from college (Brandi) stopped by! It was a fun-filled day with people and phone calls... and I'm getting the hang of working while "deployed."

I do think that God wanted me to meet him in Romans 5:3-5 today: "...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by his Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

Our good family friend, Darren, facebook-ed that to me this morning and I then had another reference to it today (from an old friend) on the blog! Thank you, friends, for once again listening to Holy Spirit in how to speak to ME today! Wow...you are the best messengers ever... thank you! I do cling to the hope that He provides... I have always quoted my friend, Kathy, who says that "God is in the ? (question mark)". I believe that the "question mark" is HOPE, faith and trust. And this whole journey leads me there! God knows when Adalynn's birthday will be... I rest in that.

In the meantime, back to the Vitamin Water.

2 comments:

  1. I love the lemonade and the orange. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had lemonade for first time, you're right...it's really good! I like the Acai-Blueberry and Dragonfruit the best I think. Good to hear from you Haley!

    ReplyDelete