Wednesday, June 10, 2009

3 WEEKS?!

3 weeks today Adalynn and I have been at UAMS! AND I'm 32 weeks now! Can't believe it. Again, it's gone by fast and slow all at the same time. Today was kind of a melancholy day, for whatever reason. I wonder if strength just runs out after time... all the more reason to lean on Him, I know. But I think this emotional roller coaster was at a low point today...

But it all picked up when I had some visitors today! (Amazing how smiling and familiar faces can truly pick you up when you're down.) Aunt Pat (a.k.a. The Laundry Lady) came and sat with me for awhile. And then tonight, Cindy and Steve Morgan came by! It was SO nice to see them, and it gave me something to look forward to all day! This is a good segway to introduce Adalynn to her Aunt and Uncle.


Aunt Cindy is Tom's sister and I feel is the sister that I never had! She is probably one of the most godly, amazing women I've ever known. In fact, there are many times that I will get in a situation and ask myself, "What would Cindy do if this was happening to her?" You can't out-give Cindy... she will beat you to the punch. And you can ALWAYS count on her! Very, very loyal and very, very loving. If Cindy had a choice, she would be at every one of Crist, Dane and Ty's games--she is a sports nut AND she's crazy about her nephews! Cindy and Tom have had a special relationship since Tom came into this world. Cindy is (I think) 11 years older than Tom and was instrumental in helping out when he was born. Betty had health problems and needed lots of assistance. Cindy, of course, was there to help. I think Tom and Cindy have been close ever since. It's such a blessing that they live nearby (Farmington)!

Uncle Steve has been a part of Tom's life since he was a teenager. He is truly a BROTHER to him. Steve is another solid figure in all of our lives... He is a man of conviction, purpose and has such a presence in any room. He is a wonderful brother-in-law to both of us and an amazing Uncle to our boys. And like Cindy, you can always count on Steve. He works hard and plays just as hard...and he's the best to have around when you go on vacation! You can plan on a good time--in fact, we call him our CD or Camp Director.

Steve and Cindy have two beautiful daughters (Amberle & Chelsea). And they turned 21 years old today! Truly that is amazing--time has gone by so fast! I have so many fond memories of them growing up... Amberle & Chelsea are kinda surreal--like perfect in every way. (Adalynn, I hope you grow up to be JUST like them!!!)

Adalynn, I can't wait for you to meet your aunt, uncle and cousins. They are going to spoil you rotten, I'm afraid... but I can't think of a more loving environment to place you in! I guarantee they will be at every softball or volleyball game, dance recital or whatever you choose to do. They will be some of your biggest fans, I can promise you! You truly are SO blessed...

Here is a fun, red tin that Cindy & Steve brought... filled with everything I love and Cindy KNOWS how much I love red! What a treat!

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have often wondered if strength runs out in time. There have been so many testings in this last couple of years.

    But the answer God has always given me to that question is that I will never grow so weary that restoration isn't just a prayer away when I choose to find my source of strength in God, which is where I think you are finding yours. :)

    Low days, or even moments, come to help us appreciate the wonderful ones all that much more.

    I think that is why I love the serenity prayer so much, especially the part that says, "Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace." I struggled so much with that when I first heard it, but now I get it.

    You only have two more short weeks and then this whole journey will only bring joy when you look back on it. You will say, "God sustained me. He was there at even the lowest days. Now He has given me this precious reward."

    I can't wait to see her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Terri! I read this right after I put today's post up... your thoughts fit perfectly. Thank you for your continued encouragement!

    ReplyDelete