Saturday, June 6, 2009

Queen for the Day

You know, this whole journey shouldn't be about me... it's about Adalynn making a GRAND entrance into the world! But people seem to think that I need some special attention or something... or maybe it's just plain pity!

Today was another fun, fun day... Mom, Dad and Ty were here--you can imagine how Ty entertained all of us... Kim and Lindsey Phillips came back to the hospital bearing tons and tons and TONS of gifts. Lindsey even asked me what came before "Part B"? ... answer: "Part A" as in ParTAY! [That was what they were planning to bring to UAMS] She was right...we did have a blast. They were determined to brighten up my hospital space...and Ty helped them do it! I'll post pictures on that later...

Then Emerson and Elana Goodwin drove ALL the way from NWA just to brighten my day, Emerson cracking tons of jokes, just spending time together, and they brought gifts for Adalynn and her momma too! Can't tell you what that means to me... to have such good friends go out of their way and then just turn around and drive right back home! [Hopefully they got to eat out at Corky's first!]

It was beautiful day--we all got to stay outside for awhile... and had a great time filled with lots of laughter and sunshine. What a fun outing! And I'm just so grateful for Kim & Lindsey and Elana & Emerson making the trip just to make me Queen for the Day! This just warms my heart to have this much attention poured on me... it brings me to tears thinking of the thoughtfulness... thank you, my friends. You were Jesus with flesh on to me... I will never forget this day!

I read this in one of the magazines that Lindsey and Kim brought...I think it sums it all up quite well:

As (people) of faith we should draw near to each other as we draw near to God. Sincere friendships aren't based on appearances, street addresses, occupations, titles, or church attendance. We're called to minister to one another...
A friend loves at all times... (Proverbs 17:17a)
from Today's Christian Woman magazine

And I TOTALLY feel ministered to and loved on! This is the Body of Christ in action! From friends and family here to all the support and encouragement at home... Wow, this is just humbling. Thank you.

Some pictures from today... here is the whole crew (with the exception of Mom and Dad). We are hanging out at our regular outdoor spot... Hard to see, but notice the pink crown on my head, a Magic Eight Ball held by Ty and the pink punching bag that Emerson is holding. (more on those later)


Here's Emerson trying his hardest to get into this Institute... I think he's got a shot, don't you? [That's the pink punching bag on his head... Kim and Lindsey gave that to me to use as a frustration release... It was a "hit"! :)]


Ty and Lindsey working on projects for my hospital room--more pictures will come on that later... [That Ty and Lindsey...they have a special bond!]


Ty Man and his mom.


Wow, what a day... great friends and family, lots of laughter, beautiful weather, fun presents, ParTAYs, Hog Baseball Team beating FSU to head to Omaha for the World Series (!), Chili's for dinner, two Redhawk baseball wins at home in Rogers and friends loading up Tom with dinner and breakfast... my cup is overflowing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen! Nathaniel & I just read about your prayer request in the Communicator today and were so surprised to read that God is blessing you with another baby!!! Congratulations! We are praying for you big time. We'll be keeping up with you and your family through the blog. I'm glad you're writing it. If you get bored in the hospital bed, check out kellyskornerblog.com. She recently had a miracle baby herself and is a Christian, too, and writes fun blogs. Praying for you!

    Elizabeth & Nathaniel Smith

    ReplyDelete