Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers and Blessings

It's Father Day! A great day to think about Dads and appreciate the ones that bless your lives... Can't imagine my life without my amazing dad, my father-in-law and my husband. I think I have the three best "Dads" EVER! My boys and Adalynn are SO fortunate to have these strong, godly men in their lives. What an example of true, Holy Spirit led servant-leadership!

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in a hands of a warrior, are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalms 127:3-5a I think we are the ones that are truly blessed!

This morning it was just Tom and I here... it was very nice. We spent the morning by going to the cafe in the lobby, some time outside in the shade and then we took a tour of the hospital! When it got too warm outside, we began walking through the halls and noticed that there was actually a marked path that you could walk for exercise. Tom got a little workout while I just rode along in the wheelchair. And I think we were entertaining the staff here, as well. At one point a lady asked, "Haven't you delivered that baby yet?" Tom walked, pushing me, for 30+ minutes. It was nice to be out of the room...and I loved being with my husband!

Later, Kim Phillips brought Dane back to us and we've spent the rest of the day together. We're slowly getting our family back together after one BUSY weekend! Tom will meet my mom tomorrow to get Crist and Ty. And then we're all here ready for Adalynn to join us! It seems like it has taken forever for us to get to this special day...

This is pretty much what Dane did all day! :)


One special gift Adalynn received this weekend was from Grandma, Tom's mom. She lovingly crocheted a blanket, two hats and booties for Adalynn. This has a special meaning to me because her mother, Grandma Larsen, always made a blanket for each grand baby and great-grand baby that entered the family. Each of the boys have one from her. As I was cleaning out the baby's room getting it ready for Adalynn, I found the one that she made for Ty. It made me kinda sad knowing that she wasn't going to meet this great-granddaughter and that Adalynn wasn't going to be blessed with a special blanket from her! So when I opened the gift from Betty (Grandma), I knew that the tradition lived on. What a blessing for Adalynn to have this handmade and memorable treasure!



Well, we are counting down the days! Three more days until we meet this amazing little miracle...

Prayer Requests: (thank you for interceding!)
...safe surgery/delivery
...wisdom for the doctors
...that Adalynn would be SO healthy and SO big that she wouldn't have to be in the NICU very long!
...quick healing for Momma
...no blood clots
...more great family reunion memories!
...peace beyond understanding

1 comment:

  1. I will be holding you up in prayer this week! The blanket is beautiful. I wish my family had traditions like that. :)
    Hugs,
    Terri I. :)

    ReplyDelete