Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Date's Been Set!

I can't believe that we know when Adalynn's birthday will be...that is, if she doesn't decide to come between now and then!

The doctor stopped by this afternoon and I asked him if he had an idea which day next week the C-section would be scheduled. He said rule of thumb is that they would take her right when I turn 34 weeks (which is next Wednesday), but they were flexible based on when family could get here, etc. I asked him if it was possible to have her on that day, June 24th, because my brother (Mark) and niece (Miranda) are in town from Germany. Mark is scheduled to leave the next day--this would ensure that he would be here for her birth! The doctor agreed... Sooooo.... Adalynn's birthday will be June 24th, 2009!

We don't know any more details than that, but it sounded as if there will be a slew of doctors in the operating room. They will be monitoring the baby, the surgery and my blood clotting issues, looking to see how much the placenta has grown into the uterus as well as tying tubes. (I feel well taken care of!) He obviously advised against us having any more children with my health concerns--a great threat to the baby as well as to me. (Remember that I signed a waiver when we had the procedure saying we were okay with the fact we wouldn't have any more children) With that said, this whole pregnancy has put an exclamation point on that fact that Adalynn Mirakel is a downright, awe-inspiring, God-purposed MIRACLE! Luke 1:37 For nothing is impossible with God.

I also asked the doctor how long Adalynn would possibly be in the NICU. He said that normally they stay at least until she would have been 36 to 37 weeks (so another 2 to 3 weeks). But he did say that if she is doing well here, they would possibly transfer her up to the NICU in Fayetteville for the rest of her stay!!! That is HUGE!! It's not quite "home", but yet it would feel like home--if you know what I mean.

This actually puts us in view of the finish line and I'm starting to get my second wind! I will say that little fears are starting to creep in... I worry about Adalynn being in the womb so long after the water has broken, I've never had a C-section before and there is obvious concern with blood clots (especially because of my Protein S Deficiency) whenever you have surgery. So I have to remember to physically lay this at His feet...I'm trying not to play tug-of-war. Again, God is in this completely--He has carried Adalynn and I both SO far and so faithfully! I know we are in His Mighty Hands! But I think sitting here by myself amidst my thoughts, it's easy to let those doubts wander in...

Prayer Requests: (Thank you ahead of time for interceding for us!)
...overwhelming and complete peace
...Adalynn's growth and safety overall
...successful surgery and wisdom for the doctors
...Tom's endurance
...safe travels for all family
...for God to chase away all those doubts and fears!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving specific requests. It helps me to know how to pray for you. I really needed teh Isaiah 41:13 verse today. I guess that is why God led me to read your blog tonight. So excited about June 24th! Peace be with you as you wrap up this journey of strength, hope and miracles!
    Terri :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have THE date! It's the fourth quarter and you have a huge lead. You can coast from here - enjoy this last week being the MICU. We'll be praying for you.
    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting. I can't wait to meet your little cheerleader/point guard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always praying for you my friend!

    ReplyDelete