Monday, June 15, 2009

Lifters of My Head...

Day 26, I believe, in LR. It's hard to recollect the journey so far. I don't necessarily fight boredom, but I will say that loneliness can creep in... But that's when something amazing happens--when I receive "lifter of my head" moments.

"But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory and the One who lifts my head." Psalm 3:3

Here are a bunch of those moments from today:

~ A card from "my Kathy" today saying this: The wise and gentle Shepherd greets your day with His goodness and mercy, guarding faithfully in sunshine or rain, on mountain or in valley, He not only walks with you, He stays with you...all the days of your life. LOVE this!

~ And another card from Kathryn & John McLelland that was so intentional--I believe it was handmade! She quoted Phil. 3:12-14 encouraging us to press on toward the prize... and as usual, her words brought so much joy, love and hope!

~ An absolutely exquisite book sent by good friend, Kate Fisk. It has amazing floral pictures and scriptures. It makes me think of her--she's known for her green thumb and the exotic flowers that come from her garden! (She's even had a wedding there!)

~ A friend, we met a long time ago when our children were in pre-school together, stopped by today. Andrea Burris came with her son, Kye, just to check in. So intentional, thank you sweet friend.

~ Two more postcards from Dan Morrissey covered with encouragement and scriptures. He reminded me to hold onto My Rock and Refuge and I'll never be shaken. Dan, you are so faithful!

~ Jennifer Mitchael pointing me to Hebrews 11:1: "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." So timely and needed...and right where we are at this moment! Thank you Jen!

~ Another card from friends and prayer warriors, Patsy & Lewis Clark that said the the Lord "blesses with peace and holds us in His arms as we are held in prayer." Such a great word picture!

~ Word from home that we had a Laundry Fairy miraculously have all the clothes washed and folded... unreal. I have ALWAYS dreamed of having a laundry fairy... really! I'm just overwhelmed with gratitude.

~ This picture album below from Starla Turner. This actually came over the weekend... I just love it! Great scripture and a perfect brag book for our Mirakel--and she is certainly a gift!!


~ This aromatherapy in my hospital room. I received this awhile ago from good friend, Marque Babyar. I can't tell you how many comments I get about how GOOD my room smells! This really does "lift my head" in so many ways... and apparently every one else that enters this room! This is just wonderful, Marque!


These moments are what carry our family through this journey. Thank you dear ones. I cannot tell you how much we appreciate you shouldering this "burden" with us! We truly are witness to the Body of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment