Thursday, June 11, 2009

Camera Shy

Well, we found out today that Adalynn does not take after her big brother Ty...

We had an ultrasound this morning and I got to see Adalynn for the first time in three weeks! When we were trying to get a view of her face, her arm was in the way the whole time. The Ultrasound Tech said, "She must be camera shy!" It was at that point that I thought that she wasn't anything like her big brother who seems to love the limelight. If it was Ty in that situation, he'd probably be grinning and winking at the camera!

Adalynn weighed in at 4 lbs. 6 oz.!! I can't believe she has grown that much in this short amount of time (She was a little over 3 lbs 3 weeks ago)! It must be the Vitamin Water (I'm still working on an endorsement). And the amniotic fluid was around 5 to 6 cubic centimeters! The last time we had an ultrasound, it was at 3, and average is from 10 to 12 cubic centimeters! I'm just thrilled that there is that much fluid in there! I'm assuming that it helps with keeping infection away. The doctor said after the water broke, that Adalynn would continue producing amniotic fluid by (this is kinda gross) going to the bathroom. She must be getting plenty of fluids.

Adalynn's heartbeat was at 142 and she had the hiccups the entire time we were in there! Oh, and they confirmed that she is a "she." :) I'm just amazed at how well Adalynn is doing. I wonder how much she will weigh in just two more weeks... I'm sure the bigger the better when she is actually born. Maybe she'll be released more quickly! I'm in awe of this little girl and how much she is already fighting!

When remembering the analogy of the marathon, I think we would be at the 15 to 16 mile mark. We're on the home stretch! But I can totally feel that this is the hardest part of this race, that's for sure. The newness has worn off and the finish line still seems so far away. A dear friend gave me some timely wisdom today (I couldn't sleep and she brought me to tears quite early this morning) that fits right into this marathon analogy. She pointed me to this scripture that just spoke to the very place that I'm at:

"For you are in need of ENDURANCE, so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." Hebrews 10:36 (NAS)

Again, endurance and perseverance is needed--and I can't produce that myself. She went on to encourage me with this:

This where the endurance kicks in! And guess what? you DO NOT have to muster it up yourself, b/c Romans 15:5 clearly says that God Himself gives ENDURANCE and encouragement!!! Whoohoo! You WILL receive your precious "prize" and you WILL also receive what you need to endure the last half of the "sit"! He promises!

I can't tell you how this just spoke so CLEARLY to me! Thank you Buffy. Your timing was perfect, your wisdom spot on, and the love spoken through your words is very apparent. I'm truly, truly thankful. I hope you don't mind that I shared this wisdom in Adalynn's baby-blog-book. Thank you, my friend. This marathon is truly worth that "precious prize" at the finish line...

1 comment:

  1. She is such a rockstar already! I can not wait to meet her one day! And I really can't wait to hug your neck!

    Love you,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete