Sunday, June 7, 2009

Home Away From Home

It's Sunday... and we (Mom, Dad, Ty and I) began the day by having our own church service. It was really nice--and special because they brought "worship" here! We talked about miracles... appropriate topic. You know, I tried to convince Russell Dorch that he needed to minister to this "shut in" down here in Little Rock... he asked me if I was drugged up or something. :) I do miss corporate worship... I think I will appreciate it more than ever when our lives get back to normal!

I got some pictures of our hospital room a.k.a. home away from home. Thanks to Ty, Lindsey and Kim, my room is so cheery and fun. And there is a LOT of comments from the nurses here!

Here's Ty posing proudly next to his decorated wall (this is located directly across from my bed).


Smiley faces are everywhere


Here's the word that keeps coming up in conversations or in my readings... :)


An acrostic poem that Ty did for Adalynn (he already calls her Addie) and I.


Ty holding the Magic Eight Ball while looking through the door into the hospital room.


An appropriate reminder...


Hanging on the door... great story: a nutrition staff person came in here and told me that is what she needed to have..."faith." She said she was 38 and still trying to have a baby. This led me to tell my story and HOPEFULLY encourage her! Thanks to Lindsey, Kim and Ty, this sign prompted some great conversation!


This is the pink punching bag given to me to help release any frustrations I might have. There are several signs in it to rotate around... this one says "missing ball games" which is appropriate because Dane's team, the Redhawks, were playing this weekend. They won their tournament! Yeah Redhawks!!


This one is hard to see, but it's a picture of a sign that Ty made that said, "Ask questions to the Eight Ball." This is for those 4, 5 and 6am repetitive questions I get each day... apparently it worked! Today I slept from 4am to 7:30am straight!!


This last one is very meaningful... from Kim and Lindsey. Obviously it's someone expecting... and the card with it said, "Cherish. Awaiting a Miracle." This present brought tears to my eyes as it serves as a reminder to cherish this journey as we are awaiting our Mirakel! It's located right next to the TV in the room. SO thoughtful!!


After Mom and Dad left (Ty's staying here with me tonight because Tom's coming tomorrow!), my good friend, Mary Margaret Hall came to visit... She and her mom stayed and visited for awhile, and if you know Mary Margaret, the room just lit up with sunshine! She is a treasure to me in so many ways... What a treat for Ty and I!

Thanks for reading our "picture journal." These little touches just warm my heart and, I think, truly speak to those that walk into this room! I do pray that His Mighty presence is in this place...that people feel something different in here. Again, this is all about Him and what He purposes to do in this journey.

Blessings to you, K

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love reading your posts!! Prayers for you and the family are ongoing. I'm sure you are as much a blessing to the staff as they are to you!!
    Love you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely enjoyed your picture journal! I really would like to know where they got that punching bag. I could really use one. :)

    My favorite is the persevere poster. That is one of my favorite scriptures. I memorized it during Bible Quiz when I was 14, and it comes to me often.

    Thanks again for sharing your journey. It's nice to know all is still well. You are continually in my prayers and thoughts.

    Love ya,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Ty kid is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete