Friday, June 12, 2009

The big and little joys...

While sitting here incubating in Little Rock, "being still and knowing he's God," AND trying to keep my mind occupied at all times... I have come to appreciate a bunch of little (and not so little joys). Some examples:

I have come to appreciate...
... the first sip of coffee in the morning
... watching baseball on the computer (Hogs and Cardinals)
... Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies
... hugs from my four boys
... "snail mail" love
... holding my husband's hand
... check up texts/emails/facebook posts from friends and family
... fun gifts and treats to brighten the day
... aromatherapy within a hospital room
... Redhawk/Dirtbag baseball and Crist's basketball updates via text
... the fact that my family is being WELL fed at home (thank you so much Apples & Community Group!)
... mysterious house cleaners
... my Aunt Pat--her gift of hospitality and being a great laundry fairy
... scriptures that truly are the living Word and just come alive!
... my mom and dad
... my mother and father-in-law
... calls from Germany
... feeling Adalynn do her dances in my belly
... feeling Adalynn's hiccups
... great check-ups
... the fact that we will meet Adalynn within 2 weeks!

These are just a selection... you really have time to think and learn to appreciate all those things that were once taken for granted. I pray this time changes me forever. I have certainly learned a lot.

On another note, Mom, Crist and Ty are here in Little Rock this weekend (YEAH!). They drove down in a HUGE storm all the way from NWA--like the bright red kind on weather.com. Mom said it was certainly "white knuckle" driving! Dane and Tom are in Branson at a Redhawk baseball tournament. Their first game was at 12noon and they won! Following the game, they had a lot of time to relax. (Next game is tomorrow at 8am) So they went fishing with the Heffley family on Table Rock Lake. It just pleases me to no end to know that Tom got this time of relaxation. He has been so burdened for the last 3+ weeks. What a blessing that Kyle invited him to do one of Tom's all time favorite things... I just got a text around 8pm and they were still out on the lake! A vacation of sorts... and it's a good thing, because all the Olsen summer vacations were called off on account of Adalynn!

Here's Dane with a 2 1/2 lb hybrid bass he caught today. Look at the dimples on Dane's face. I would say he's having a great time!


And here is Tom with a Smallmouth Bass. He estimates that it was 18 inches long and 2 1/2 lbs. Tom sent this via text and said, "Thanks Kyle for taking us fishing!" (I second that!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Dan would be thrilled with those!! Know that we are praying for you all and can't wait to meet your new precious little one!!
    Love you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete