Friday, June 5, 2009

Those "Somethings" and "Someones" I Look Forward To...

Well, it's Friday...heading into a weekend, but I will say that weekends don't feel much different than any other day of the week. But today I had some great "somethings" and "someones" to look forward to! So fun...

Mom, Dad and Ty came with Olive Garden--salad and bread sticks! YUM! So good to see and have them here for the weekend... and SO thankful they brought one of my all time favorite dinners!


Good friend, Kim Purdy, came to visit... her son, Spanky, was playing baseball here in Little Rock. We spent the time chatting and watching the Hog baseball team win over FSU! (we had to watch it on GameTracker on the computer). I'm so thankful she came to see me!


Kim also came bearing a special gift... she made this "picture" on her computer. It says Adalynn's name in the middle, Psalm 139 in the background, and then below her name it says "Noble Miracle." (This picture doesn't do it justice) Oh Mrs. Kim... this has to be one of the most thoughtful and intentional gifts ever! Thank you so much!!


Then Lindsay Phillips and Kim Phillips road tripped down to see me tonight... We just laughed the whole time I think.


...And OH....MY.....GOODNESS they brought some big time treats... A thoughtful journal, fun magazines and then petit fores (don't know how to spell that...those really yummy little cakes from Rick's bakery!) and chocolate covered strawberries! Did I mention that I was totally spoiled... wow.


Oh these "somethings" and "someones" totally made my day... what a blessing.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you are getting special visitors and yummy treats!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,

    I am so glad that you are sharing with all of us here on your blog. I so enjoy reading it! I am thinking and praying for you and Adalynn constantly!
    Please keep up the blogging! It's a blessing to know how you are doing...so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joy and Arrin! Wish I could hug both of your necks! Arrin, I do hope that you are feeling well... did you decide on the baby's name? It'd be fun to have two Adalynns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that just ONE Adalynn, is perfect. :) We have decided to name her Kenadee (or Kenady...we can't agree on a spelling) :)

    ReplyDelete