Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's Summer!

It's the first official day of summer for Tom and the boys... and they made a road trip to Little Rock! It will be short but sweet visit because they have tons of things going on Thursday through the rest of the weekend... but BOY is it good to see them!

This makes this mom VERY happy...

As for Adalynn and I, another day full of nurse visits and heartbeat checks. They did do a NST (which, by the way, I found out stands for Non Stress Test) and Adalynn checked out great! They hooked me up to a monitor and they watched for her heartbeat and if I was contracting. Adalynn seemed as though she was resting, and then I had some apple juice--she LOVED that! She started moving and flipping and wiggling... she likes that food and drink intake!

Other than that, I got a bunch of work done and counted the hours to when the boys came to visit... I've discovered that it always helps to have something and someone to look forward to!

Tom did bring something from home that truly brightened my day... It is a basket of "My Favorite Things" filled with things like homemade cookies (to DIE for!), Crystal Light Peach Tea (another favorite), M&Ms, Twix, fun notecards, a novel... and more wonderful stuff! Oh Kathy (Shassere)...you know me too well... Thank you for this very thoughtful and intentional basket of goodies!

Also, Tom and the boys are getting meals brought to them at home to help alleviate just one of the many things that Tom needs to do each day. Wow, what a blessing! It brings this wife and mom GREAT peace to know that my family is being loved on and fed so well while I'm "deployed"!
[I'm telling you... we are very, very spoiled by everyone. Can't believe how much we are LOVED on! Thank you friends and family! I hope you don't figure out that we REALLY don't deserve all this attention! :)]

Blessings to all... until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment