Thursday, June 18, 2009

Picture Journal

What a fun and full day...

It started about 6am this morning when I kept waking up with pains... called my nurse and told her what they felt like. Wasn't sure if it was contractions or not. Again, it's been so long...I don't remember! They put me on a monitor and I was contracting every 3 to 4 minutes! So they gave me some more percocet (pain medicine) to see if that would slow things down... I told them I was most concerned about Tom not being here. I felt better and the contractions died down...

This weekend is quite possibly the busiest of the summer. Dane and the Redhawks have their state tournament in Paragould, Ty and the Dirtbags have their state tournament in Rogers, Crist has a basketball tournament in Fayetteville, Tom is at team camp (with all Heritage Basketball Players) in Tulsa at ORU, my brother and niece are in town from Germany AND it's Father's Day Weekend! I was telling my nurse last night about all of this and kinda joked that this is probably when we'll have the baby! And then I woke up with contractions! Yikes! It was either what I said, or the fact that the Hogs went 12 innings last night in a very dramatic and intense baseball game and won against Virginia. (I think it was the Hogs!)

But today was super fun with all the visitors I had today... thought I would record it in pictures!

The Barclay family stopped through to see me on their way to Nashville and then the beach... SO nice of them! I wouldn't think that a hospital would be a fun way to start their vacation. What a great family picture!! (John, Sherri, Lexie, Jackson, and Kate)


Dear friends, Michelle Gaffney and Lisa Hummel, had a girls' day...and they chose to come see me! Boy that means a lot... SO thankful for these ladies, SO thankful for the goodies they brought, and SO thankful for the love that just filled this room!!!


Then Sara and David Jensen stopped by on their way to the beach too! Boy it meant a lot to me that they went out of their way to come brighten my day! (I forgot to get a picture of them, though...bummer.)

Kim Phillips and Paige Sultemeier brought some of my favorite boys to see me on their way to the State Tournament in Paragould (they knew I needed my "fix"!). These guys get along so well...and it seems like they are always smiling! Made my day to have all of them around! Don't know if you can tell, but they were shoving and elbowing each other around during the taking of this picture. (Bradon Mabry, DaneO, Joseph Sultemeier)


And here are some pictures taken at Heritage Basketball Camp that was held this week: (these were all taken by Tom's phone)

Ty working on his shooting form


Ty in the defense denial position


Crist in a obstacle course


As Tom says, "Crist with his 'handles'." Whatever that means


Dane in the dribble obstacle course


Dane on defense... look at that intense face!


I love how a picture can paint a thousand words...and fill a picture journal (blog)!

3 comments:

  1. I hear camp went great! So glad it was this week and not next week when Adalynn makes her debut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing all your pics from today! Glad you had so many visitors to brighten your day. And btw, I really look forward to reading your blog every night :) Hope you get some good rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley--I heard that too! And they get to do it all over again next month! I, too, am glad that Adalynn is coming during AAA dead period!
    Joy... I loved your pictures too! I guess great minds think alike! You are so good to grab that camera and just "journal"!

    ReplyDelete