Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tomorrow!

Can't believe it... tomorrow's the day we meet our little miracle, our baby girl, our Adalynn Mirakel...our Noble Miracle. What a journey it's been. One marked with highs and lows, but I would say a lot more highs. We've learned so much... and we cannot wait to hold this bundle of joy in our arms...to welcome her into our family!

It looks like I'll be heading down to Labor & Delivery sometime in the morning...could be 6:30 to 8am. I told the night nurse to be sure and wake me up to take a shower! I won't get one for 24 hours... I'm pretty determined to get all cleaned up! :) Right now we're on the schedule for 9am. But I'm considered "stable" in preparation for delivery. If there were emergencies, they would go in ahead of me... so we could be sitting there awhile. But I believe they take me downstairs (just one floor below me), prep me for surgery and we wait. My nurse today said it will be a lot of "hurry up and wait!"

Following surgery, I assume I will see Adalynn and then they will take her to NICU pretty quickly. They then sew me back up and then to recovery for 1 hour. Then they will take me back up to the room (where I am now) to stay put for 12 hours. After that time period, I will get up and start walking! I'm hoping they will let me venture down to see Adalynn. It sounds as if it will be a normal recovery for a C-section--48 hours. Then I'll be "released" and can stay in Adalynn's room! There is a bed, refrigerator, shower, etc. in there... but our prayer is that Adalynn won't need to stay down here in LR very long. We hope and pray that she is SO healthy that they will let her go up to Fayetteville or Rogers NICU for the rest of the time! (Or, dare I ask, she could be released to go HOME!!)

Prayer Requests:
...peace
...successful surgery/delivery
...no blood clots!
...Adalynn's health--quick to breathe and eat and no infections
...wisdom for the nurses and doctors
...wonderful family memories

An overwhelming THANK YOU for all the intercession and prayers! We are so grateful for this support network! Only God knows how many "prayers of the saints" there really are... and we are so thankful for each and every whispered word. Thank you, our family... thank you! (Phil. 1:3)

And I wanted to finish with a little note to Adalynn...

To our Mirakel... we have so anticipated this event. I feel you wiggling in my belly and wonder what kind of dancer you will be. I hear your strong heartbeat and wonder kind of passions you will have that will fill your heart. I see the twinkle in your daddy's eyes and wonder how tightly you will have him wrapped around your little finger. I see the pride in your brothers' eyes and wonder how they will look when they see you cheering for them on the sidelines. I look forward to seeing you grow and play with your grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. And I anxiously await our mother/daughter relationship that only God can orchestrate.

You are loved, you are cherished, you were placed in our lives with great purpose... you are one big beautifully wrapped polka-dotted package with a giant pink bow... and we can't wait to see what's inside.

We love you, our Adalynn... we anxiously wait to meet you face to face on your birthday!

With love,
Momma and all your family


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen (Eph. 3:20-21)

3 comments:

  1. praying for you. i'm so glad your wait will be over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up late praying for you in Fayetteville ... Can't wait to see pictures as quickly as you can get them posted. I pray that tomorrow is amazing from start to finish and that as God unveils your sweet Mirakel, all goes without a single hitch! Blessings on you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you guys.. thanks for the example of thankfulness in all things... I appreciate your example.. what a great attitude..

    howitzer

    ReplyDelete